Sunday, April 14, 2013

19 WEEKS, ULTRASOUND, & GENDER REVEAL!

Hi everyone!

This post is coming late only because our ultrasound was on Friday and I am now just getting around to writing a new post! It has been a very busy weekend needless to say. Daddy Ryan went to Las Vegas after our appointment, yesterday I attended a bridal shower for my bro in law's bride to be, and most of today consisted of me doing absolutely nothing really LOL. I am still waiting for Daddy Ryan to come home though..me and Baby P miss him terribly! =(

Here was a sweet text exchange from us this morning:


We can't wait till he comes home already! =]

First thing's first, (lol I am sure you are all waiting for me to reveal the sex, but I am saving the best for the last!) here is this week's belly picture (19 weeks along):



My uterus has migrated at and a little above my belly button and it is really starting to firm up. I took a frontal shot too, but I am much too shy to show that on the blog right now. I started using Bio Oil at night after I shower because while I know stretch marks are inevitable and not proven to be prevented with the use of cocoa butter or oil, it still makes me feel more comfortable if I rub it on my belly. Plus, I am sure Baby P doesn't mind the mini massage either ;) The sacral pain has improved quite a lot since last week, although I do still feel it sometimes especially when I get out of bed. Sleeping on my side has been helping a lot, I notice that if I am lying on my back for too long it gets sore. I received my first pregnancy massage last Monday and it was heaven! I fell asleep during it and I didn't want it to end. I think they just might be a monthly indulgence for me until the baby comes. It was also really helpful for the back pain I was feeling too. I have slacking off with my prenatal workout DVDs so I made a conscious effort to do it this weekend, so far I have done it twice. I do still take my walks, but work has been busy lately so for a few days it was hard for me to squeeze one in. 

When I saw the doctor two weeks ago, she informed me that I had gained 9 pounds so far =/ She says it is good progress, but it still doesn't make me feel good. My body is changing as I can see it and feel it, especially now that my regular clothes aren't fitting me as well anymore. Ryan is constantly telling me that I should stop saying I am fat. Obviously, being pregnant is an adjustment and I am so blessed for this experience, but I guess I have to accept that I am carrying another life inside of me and with it comes physical changes. I will get there though, it is still a process that I am most certainly thankful for <3

Friday was a great day! This ultrasound I had was part of second trimester screening so it was much longer. The tech looked at how Baby P was developing so far; she looked at the baby's brain, heart, kidneys, bladder, stomach, and spine. Baby P looked good and I could definitely see a difference from a month ago...he/she is growing well and the heart beat is strong (154 bpm)! We were definitely happy to see our baby =)

So, the tech told us that the baby was sleeping because she had to check about four times to check the gender because the baby wasn't spreading his/her legs wide enough. And so she checked a lot because she wanted to make sure if there was or wasn't anything between the legs. LOL By the third and fourth time, she had confirmed to us that Baby P is a...GIRL!


Meet Riley Marie Pangilinan

I thought for sure we were having a boy and that was a majority of what our family and friends said. However, Ryan did predict a girl which surprised me. But yes everyone, we are having a little princess!  And we are very excited! Even though Daddy Ryan predicted a girl, the ultrasound just confirmed it all...he is happy and excited, but at the same time scared. He says, "I'm going to have a heart attack early!" but at the same time he knows how much she will will change his life--- in a good way of course. I'm pretty excited for a girl too, I know how much Ryan will love her and I want her to be a daddy's girl for sure. My only rule for my baby girl...NO PINK! LOL

Here are more pictures:


We were able to park at the designated spot for moms to be/new moms! 



Family picture after our ultrasound on Friday



Another picture of baby p from the ultrasound. She has such a cute profile! 


Ryan's cousin took a picture of me at the bridal shower yesterday. She is definitely growing!


love,
baby p <3


1 comment:

  1. Tell daddy ryan to follow suit w/ the all-skin photos!

    ReplyDelete