Wednesday, August 7, 2013

36 WEEKS

4 more weeks to go everyone! Riley and I are still hanging in there despite my continuous decreasing level of comfort, especially in bed. I think her head is making its way down the birth canal because even though I get shortness of breath sometimes, it is a lot more tolerable and I can breathe a little more easier.

I miss not having to share my body, but I know that I will miss having Riley inside of me too. It is bittersweet.

Her kicks and punches continue to get stronger everyday. Apparently, she does have more room in there that I can still feel her at this point. There are a lucky few who have been able to feel and see her move too. =]

While I was at work on Monday, I asked a doctor if she could do an ultrasound on me because I wanted to make sure Riley’s head was down (one of the doctors I worked with said there is possibility of a baby flipping around), which is the ideal position for a baby to be in at this point. According to the doctor, she said the baby’s head is down (YAY!) and that the amount of amniotic fluid that surrounds her is normal (meaning I don’t have too much or too little). I also asked her if she could measure her and it turns out Riley is ABOUT 6 pounds and 11 ounces, which the doctor says is normal! If I carry her to term, she might be born at 8 pounds!!! EEK! It is good to know she is healthy, but all I could think of is I might get lacerations when I deliver her (and if I do it vaginally). That gets me even more anxious about her delivery! =/ I am still set on getting that epidural for sure though!


About a week ago or so I started developing stretch marks!!!!! I was so upset because I was doing so well and rubbing cocoa butter on my tummy religiously. I hope they go away afterwards..they are mostly under my belly button and faint ones on the side of my belly. BOO! 

I had a doctor appointment today..everything looks good and miraculously I only gained one pound from the last time I saw her two weeks ago. However, I have to start doing fetal non-stress testing every week and seeing a doctor every week until I deliver. She is concerned about my weight gain and wants to make sure it doesn't affect the baby towards the end of my pregnancy (when babies tend to get more stressed). Up to this point I have gained about 35 pounds...which is considered average but based on what my BMI was before apparently it is too much =\ I am content with the weight I have gained thus far, but if this is going to ensure Riley's health and safety then of course I will do it. 

The wall decals are up and they look really good! Ryan did such a good job putting it up. I am continuing to organize her room more. Everything seems to be in order, we are just waiting for the rocker/glider to be delivered. I ordered a part of her going home outfit online. The bassinet is all set up as well. Most of her clothes are washed and folded. All we really need is Riley! :)

With less than four weeks left my anxiety and excitement level is going up! I just can't wait to have her here already and for everyone to meet her! 

Here is this week's belly picture:


Week 33 to 36 belly pic collage:


Ryan putting the wall decals up:



Yep they are an elephant and lion! What else would they be?! lol

love,
baby p <3


1 comment:

  1. Hi there Alison! I'm Heather! I was hoping you could answer my question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com :-)

    ReplyDelete